Monday, June 6, 2011

What's Guest Bliss?

Guest Bliss began soon after Jeremy asked me to marry him.  After the initial surprise of the proposal and tears of excitement, we began to think about how we wanted to communicate to family and friends about our upcoming events.  We looked at a bunch of wedding websites and online wedding management tools, and at the end of the day, Jeremy looked at me and said, "As a computer engineer, I cannot in good conscious allow any of these sites to represent us."  So he started playing around on the computer and created a fantastic tool for me to develop our wedding website.  www.guestbliss.com

The goal was to eliminate the distractions.  You know the wedding websites that flash bright red to do lists about how you have 287 things to do in the 194 days before your wedding.  AH! I was so overwhelmed.  I couldn't tell what was advertising and what was my to do list.  So then the Simplest Way to Save the Date was born.  I took my favorite part of everyone else's wedding website talked to Jeremy about what I wanted and he built it.

Here are some of my favorite things on your wedding website:

  • I love the pictures! I want to see you and your fiancée having fun together (and so does my mom). So guest bliss is made completely of high quality photos of you!
  • I love the people! The wedding is all about the family and friends. Guest Bliss allows an easy management tool. Each guest gets an individual log in and profile. This has helped us SO much! 
  • I love the story! The story of your venue, the story of your proposal. In addition to writing the narrative of your story and proposal, Guest Bliss allows you to customize your google map and locations. So google doesn't write your location-you do!
www.guestbliss.com  has been so much fun for us and we are continuing to update it based on what we need for our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment